Ready for harvest

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Plans

I don't know about you, but I haven't been real good at making plans and even if I do make them, I'm not real good at following them. I was asked one time what my five year looks like? I had to admit, that I didn't have a five year. It was then that I started a few years ago making plans for each year with goals and ideas. I found out that I got more accomplished by doing so. I know some people live from day to day with no plans or very little idea of where they are going. Other people plan their life in detail. Which is better? 
As I ponder this question, I think of my friend who builds houses for a living. He knows how to build houses because his boss and others have shown him how to. They have all studied and learned from others how to as well. If my friend decided to build his houses the way he wanted to and not listen or learn from others, then the house probably wouldn't last for very long.
One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11. It says that God has plans for us. Good plans. Plans for success. I believe God 's plans are going to be better than my plans. I believe God knows what success is better than I do. Psalm 33:11 talks about God's plans standing forever,
Proverbs 29:18 says that without vision the people parish (KJV).  Proverbs 15:22 and 20:18 says that we need to be making plans with lots of advice.
So what can we learn from these scriptures and ideas? We need to make plans to live by. We need to seek Godly advice. We need to make sure our plans and advice line up with God's plans for us. I believe failure to do these things will keep us from fulfilling what God created us for.
So what are you doing today? How about for the next 6 months or even next year? What's your five year look like? Life is hard. Plan accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment